Tuesday 27 January 2009

Rubi


Last weekend I had the pleasure to watch the first journey of the Portuguese Dressage Cup that took place on the new Dressage Academy, home of Portuguese Olympic Dressage Rider Daniel Pinto.

I had the excellent and always interesting guidance of my trainer and friend G that step by step helps me adding some more knowledge to my dressage wannabe bag. Thank you ;)

It was two great and long days with all levels of contests going from 8 am almost to midnight, with a permanent enthusiastic audience.

The Great Prix winner was the rider Gonçalo Carvalho riding the astonishing stallion Rubi (Lusitano from the Alter Real Stud), who’s performance fairly exceeded his closest competitors.

Rubi shows a superb ability for the collected movements, specially his remarkable Piaffe.

Unfortunately my camera is broken and I don’t have fancy pictures or movies to share :( so I leave you a clip of the winning pair captured during the Portuguese School of Equestrian Art performance, last November at the Golegã Horse Fair. A very interesting example of how classical riding and competitive dressage are compatible.

No comments: