Friday 9 November 2007

Dressage Forum at Golegã Horse Fair

Yesterday I attended a Dressage Forum held in the lovely village of Golegã.

The Forum was composed by a riding demo in the morning and a conference in the afternoon. The main speaker was Mariette Withages (Dressage Judge and President of the FEI Dressage Technical Committee) that made a very interesting presentation about the “eye of the judge” on Dressage evaluation.

In the riding demonstrations we were able to see 3 of the main Top Portuguese Dressage riders riding Lusitano horses, progressing in the arena from the warm-up to Prix St. Georges and Grand Prix movements

Daniel Pinto – Winner of World Cup B in Las Vegas, 2007 - riding Semanário (OC)


Miguel Ralão – 1st Place on Portuguese Dressage Championship – riding Sigonha (FC)



Pedro Torres – 2nd Place on Portuguese Dressage Ranking – riding Riopele




Golegã Horse Fair is also time to be with friends and have a good time. Here are some pictures of the overall atmosphere.

The city central square at night.


Typical stalls in the backyards to keep the horses during the event.


A group of riders having a drink.




Two amazons wearing the typical Portuguese riding costume.




This horse smiled at me every time I passed by.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These picts look sooooooooo great!It sure looks how things are meant to be, here in Holland were so far away from that! The Forum must have been really intresting. Did they mentioned anything about the difference between classical and modern dressage? And especially how they as judge see it?

paulakiev said...

What a charming horse!
It will be that he knows that you are a "mimadora" of horses?

Funky MeerKAT said...

Hehe, I love that photo of horses and riders at the bar! We need that here lol.

What a great event to be able to go to. That first black horse is just stunning :drool:, looks very tall and regal next to the tiny lady lol. Rider doesn't look half bad either...

One day I will make it over to see all these events for myself ;-).

Muriel said...

It is funny that your main Dressage rider are MEN ^-^ in the Others countries it is teh surpremacy of Women in Dressage with few men ... but very good too.
I mean it is usually the reverse that Show-Jumping.

I love the bar photos .. very much like Italy when there is "fiera" ...

ae said...

Hi girls!

Yvonne,

Yes it was great like last time when you were here. Hope you can return soon! So many beautiful places to visit! :)

The Judge was pretty clear about that issue, even if she didnt mencioned the "word". Hope things will start changing for the best!

Fortunatelly I dont think we have that problem over here in horse training!

Paula,

I think I really noticed that!!! He was so curious and attentive. He was the only horse that actually looked amused by beeing in a stall with lots of people and horses going by! He seemed a very happy horse :)

Anna,

You are wellcome to visit when ever you wish! ... Golegã is the perfect place to watch "not half bad looking" riders.

Muriel,
We also have many many girls... is a matter of time untill we take over the Portuguese dressage world... 80% of the dressage students are girls!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this blog post.

It was funny. Keep on posting!

Anonymous said...

This page really has all the information I wanted about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for
this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm
looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could
point me in the direction of a good platform.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u
got this from. thank you

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr...
well I'm not writing all that over again.
Anyway, just wanted to say wonderful blog!